Δευτέρα, Ιανουαρίου 09, 2012

The male fairy


Last night, I met a fairy. A male fairy. He was just like I always thought a fairy would be like. Nothing like Cinderella's godmother or Tinkerbell. No fancy clothes, no wings... He might have had a magic wand though. Well... almost.

My fairy took me on a trip home. We started discussing, just small talk. And then, around the moment I would - as always- start grouching about my great misfortune, he started reciting some words. I was wandering in my thoughts and I couldn't concentrate on what he was telling me. I could only listen to the distant sound of his calm, serene, southing voice. I could tell he used to stutter, but he didn't even stutter once when talking to me.

He put his hand in his pocket and took out a small piece of light blue rock that he placed on my hand. "Do you recognize what this is?", he asked me. "I don't know. I think I had too much to drink tonight and I have no idea about stones...It looks like turquoise, I guess.", I replied feeling dizzy. "Correct. This means you feel better than what you think.", he said. "This stone is healing", he added.

He put the turqoise stone back and he took out a second stone. A blur, pink stone. "What do you think about this one?", he asked me again. I didn't want to play his game. "I told you I don't know about stones." I replied, trying not to sound rude. "Try. Just try." he continued, showing me that he was trying to say something important to me. "Ok..., this is amethyst? It looks too pink, but I can't think of anything else."."Try again", he insisted. "Quartz? It should be white though. Right? I... I don't know, just tell me.". "It's rose quartz, but see? You were close enough." he said. "This stone is about tenderness".

When he took out the third stone, I started to get annoyed. "And this one?" he asked again. "Please, I told you I don't know about these things." I said. Without any signs of anger or disappointment, he continued ignoring my frustration: "This one will be easy for you to find, you have already mentioned it before.". I looked at his third stone. Unlike the first too, this one was crystal clear and looked like an egyptian obelisk. I had no idea, but since he said I had mentoned it I shyly whispered: "Quartz?". "Correct again!" he replied enthousiastically. "I told you you are better than what you think! So, my dear girl, this is a very important stone, because it can help you decide. It can help you do the things you need to to move on in your life. Things you want to do, but you hesitate to."

He put the crystal in my left palm and he tenderly closed my fingers around it. "Just hold it tight and relax, till I take you home". And I did. And I honestly thought he was crazy. And I came home. And nothing felt different. I felt stupid. What did I expect? He must have been some kind of charlatan. And I fell asleep.

The next morning, when I woke up, I felt better. It felt good. All of a sudden, it all made sense: he was my fairy! Fairies do magic and so did he. It didn't matter if his stones had magical powers or not. It didn't matter if he was wearing a pair of delicate wings or not. I didn't matter if I believed in him or not. It only mattered that when I met him, he made me believe that I could feel better than what I thought. That I could find the will to decide the things I wanted to do and stop hesitating. All I had to do was to try. My fairy found a way to help me out. And in the end of the day, this is what makes a real fairy, well... real.





Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: